Tenants Services

We strive to make your experience in a rental property easier and more enjoyable

Rental Payments

As a tenant, it is your responsibility to pay your rent when it is due. If you are unable to pay your rent by the due date, you should contact your Ross-Hunt Property Manager as soon as possible.

Please remember that the owner of your property has financial commitments to meet and relies on your rent being paid on time.

Ross-Hunt prefers direct debit as your method of payment and in the case of co-tenants, the rent should be debited from one bank account. Should you change banking arrangements you must notify Ross-Hunt in writing so that the necessary changes can be made.

Routine inspections

Ross-Hunt will carry out routine inspections on the rental property to ascertain the condition of the property and any necessary maintenance requirements. You will be given adequate notice before any inspection is conducted.

Property repairs and maintenance

You must notify your property manager of any damage or repairs that may be required at the property.  You must always contact the office first to organise repairs. If a tradesman is required to attend the property, a suitable time will be arranged between you and the tradesman. If you are not at home at the agreed time, you will incur the standard service call for the tradesman attending the property. You can elect the tradesman to collect the office set of keys if that is more convenient.

What to do if you are locked out of your rental property

Should you find yourself locked out of the rental property you may contact Ross-Hunt to see if a spare key is available. We are only able to give keys to tenants listed on the tenancy agreement. Photo identification must be produced along with a $50 deposit.  Keys must be returned to our office on the same day. If no spare keys are available, please contact Peter from Glenferrie Locksmiths on 0409 138 218

Giving notice to vacate

When giving notice you must do so in writing to your Property Manager.  The notice is not effective until it is received in writing at Ross-Hunt’s office.

Contents Insurance

It is Ross-Hunt’s standard recommendation for you to take out contents insurance for your belongings. The landlord’s insurance does not cover your belongings.

Contacting Ross-Hunt

If you are concerned about any matter regarding your tenancy please feel welcome to call.

(03) 9830 4044

All enquiries should be directed in the first instance to your Property Manager.

More Information

There are a number of excellent resources available to you explaining your rights and duties as a tenant.